Europa-List: Re: Throttle cables

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Throttle cables
From: Kelvin Weston <kelv@kdweston.biz>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 13:46:17

Hi Richard

Attached are pictures of my throttle box.
I found the original design less than satisfactory and made the following
changes:
a)  Bolt is clamped to box with a large washer either side of the box, a spacer
tube and a nut with Loctite to stop rotation.
b)  I made two aluminium plates, shaped to fit the box. These stop any rotation
and provide a good flat surface for the nylon washers - 2 each side of the
lever.

Have not tested in anger yet by it has a really smooth action and the friction
is easily adjusted to counter the carb spring by tightening the stiff nut.
More importantly, despite many, many operations of the lever back and forwards,
the friction never changes.

--------
Regards

Kelv Weston