Europa-List: Re: Resins, faring compounds, etc, Need help

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Resins, faring compounds, etc, Need help
From: Vlodek9 <rv9a2000@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 08:08:54

graeme bird wrote:
> You don't say whether you are building or its been completed a while, are you
sure it's not a paint or filler issue ? The fuselage is fibre either side of
foam so I'm not sure how you would see delimitation there.

Thank you for your reply.  The Europa XS was completed and got its airworthiness
certificate in 2001, I bought it 2 months ago or so as a third owner.  It is
fully operational and has been flying.  So far, most of the areas in question
seem like it is a filler/paint problem but I have not opened all of the bubbles
yet since I'm addressing other issues.  Still, in a week or so, I will be
focusing
100% on all of the cracks and bubbles throughout the aircraft (mostly
cosmetic based on appearance).  Hopefully they are all filler/paint issues but
I figured I'd ask about everything so I can further my knowledge and research.
Hope for the best but prepare for the worst kind of thing.

Thanks

Read this topic online here: