Re: Europa-List: Fitting the Doors

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fitting the Doors
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 13:30:31
You are correct in your assumptions.  The gap on the sides and bottom is wh
at folks look at.  For initial fitting, the sides can be a popsicle stick.
 Final prior to paint should be 1/8 inch for primer and paint.  Do round of
f slightly the sharp edges prior to final prime and paint.  I like 1/8 all
around the sides and sill on final finish for esthetics, but just make it e
ven.

The top has to allow full clearance of the curve.  The tabs on the side can
 be tight at 3/32" after hinges are finalized.  Of course the tab has to be
 fitted to the rebate.  Some require a 3/8" gap sanded to clear for paint o
n full opening.

Have fun make it fit perfectly now and it pays dividends later on.

Bud Yerly,
Custom Flight Creations, Inc.