Re: Europa-List: Bent leg

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Bent leg
From: Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 22:35:52

I had to remove a gear leg last year - long story.

I placed a 4x4 piece of timber, suitable padded, as close to the legs as
possible
along the width of the fuselage and jacked up with two bottle jacks. You might
need to use a couple of pieces of hardwood, or metal plates, to stop the heads
of the bottle jacks sinking into the 4x4.

I tied the nose wheel down so it was not going to rock.

I then used two axle stands, you need the tallest possible, under the ends of
the
4x4 to support and stabilise. Both wheels off the deck.

Alan Burrill
G-OBJT

Sent from my iPad