Re: Europa-List: Alignment of pitot tube

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Alignment of pitot tube
From: Alex Kaarsberg <kaarsberg@terra.com.br>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2017 19:35:54

Tony,

I'd expect it should have to be parallel to the airflow in cruise attitude, not
that a few degrees would make much difference...

Regards,

Alex Kaarsberg

> On 5 Sep 2017, at 07:24, tonyvaccarella <tony@weimagine.com.au> wrote:
>

> Hi all,
>
> Im installing a heated pitot tube on my Classic wing. Im trying to determine
how I should align the tube to the airflow. I would have assumed that the pitot
tube be pointing directly into the airflow but since the wings have a 2.5 deg
angle of incidence, I would need to make allowance for that when installing
it.