Europa-List: Re: unusable fuel

Subject: Europa-List: Re: unusable fuel
From: AirEupora <AirEupora@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 07:36:33

please read FAA AC90-89A
http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgAdvisoryCircular.nsf/0/D08FA9393154B636862569BA006F6D7F

Section 11, Para. 1 ,e Fuel Flow and Unusable Fuel Check.  The whole AC is worth
reading and as an EAA Technical Counselor for both Flight & Building I ask
everybody
to read it before first flight.  After a number of accidents and incidents
in this area I starting giving a class on first flight to the local EAA
chapters.  The EAA also has a book that can be downloaded.

I have attached two pictures of my plane undergoing the fuel test and unusable
fuel test.

I timed the time it took for the fuel to fill the five gallon bucket  then when
it quit running cap the line and measure the remaining fuel.  If you notice the
angle was about 16 degrees or flare attitude.  I think mine was about 1.5
gallons
remaining.

Read this topic online here:

Attachments: