Europa-List: Re: Final DAR or FAA Inspection Question

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Final DAR or FAA Inspection Question
From: h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 03:38:21

Mike,

We also used an inspector from the FSDO.  He spent the afternoon with us.  He
didn't
require anything opened except for normal access covers.  He spent a lot
of time looking at our photos and asking questions about the construction
process.
We think he was trying to assure himself that we did the build and had
the necessary skills & knowledge.  Like your inspector, he found two minor items
(no rubber boots on battery terminal and labels for open/close on door latch)
but issued the certificate that afternoon.

It does seem like they are being obsessive.  But since they have started, we're
not sure if you can ask them to stop and hire a DAR.  From the experience of
other builders in our EAA chapter, no one has had an inspection take more than
a day.  Not sure if you have any recourse or other options at this point.

Jim & Heather

Read this topic online here: