Europa-List: Fwd: Important Viking component update needed to some engin

Subject: Europa-List: Fwd: Important Viking component update needed to some engines
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 21:03:54

The hens are finally coming home to roost. Gearbox drive related failures ar
e starting as expected,
and there will be more, other parts will break as he vainly beafs up
piecemeal and does not deal with the problem.

Hopefully nobody gets hurt (again).

Regards,
Pete
A239

>>> From: Viking Aircraft Engine Forum <mail@vikingaircraftengines.ning.com>

>>> Date: July 18, 2017 at 6:39:24 PM EDT
>>> To: "peterz@zutrasoft.com" <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
>>> Subject: Important Viking component update needed to some engines
>>>

>>> Update needed to those that have completed the Viking Flywheel Change
>>>
>>> Today a CH-701 made an off airport landing in California due to a failed
 flywheel drive part. The airplane is damaged but the pilot made a the best l
anding possible and is not hurt.

>>> The batch of parts distributed are therefore recalled and a heavier duty
 part will be supplied free of charge.
>>> Viking will also update all 130 engines free of charge.  Even though the
re has never been a failure, we do not take any chances.
>>> The part already in use on the 190 hp turbo engine will be used and has c
onsiderably testing already completed.  It will fit the 110 and 130 engines d
irectly
>>> Anyone that have a part like this picture should contact Samantha@Viking
aircraftengines.com for your free replacement part.

>>> This is the replacement turbo drive plate.  It is heavier but many times
 stronger

>>> Viking will take swift action to rectify the problem with this heavy dut
y part.
>>> Visit Viking Aircraft Engine Forum at: http://vikingaircraftengines.ning
.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network

>>> To control which emails you receive on Viking Aircraft Engine Forum, cli
ck here