Re: Europa-List: Stabilator travel change

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Stabilator travel change
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 09:44:44

Graeme, Have you measured the actual range of movement from the neutral
position of the tailplane? The reqired range is set out in the build
manual. If you are not getting the full range it certainly needs sorting
before anyy more flying

Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ

On 2017-07-10 21:06, graeme bird wrote:

> Looking at the counter balance weight movement and a rough assessment of angle
of movement of the stabilator (down), the weight is not travelling so far down
the slot and the angle not so great and I am wondering what the cause could
be?
> The main tube has not rotated. I presume that if one of the tubes at the
> bottom
of the control column rotated the distance between the two bearing ends would
be the same (until one came unthreaded). It didnt seem to be anything to do
with the pitch autopilot. Any one else seen this? Or have a clue for me. I'm
currently musing on it while on holiday so no access for investigation till I
am back, I did do some brief investigating though.
> A lack of tail down control might explain the feeling of "running out of air"
in my last two (slightly abrupt) landings; with not much airspeed and needing
to flare to arrest descent.

> --------
> Graeme Bird
> G-UMPY - Mono Classic/XS FFW 912S, Woodcomp 3000/3W CS, trutrak Gemini 2 axis
AP, PAW, PFLARM core, ads-b out, 8.33khz, mode S, FP-5, Aera500, SD on Nexus,
SmartA3
> 290 hours & 5 years on the Mono, 930 total
> g@gdbmk.co.uk
>
> Read this topic online here:
>
> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=470878#470878 [1]

Links: