RE: Europa-List: Re: Stall Warner - switch problems

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Stall Warner - switch problems
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2017 17:44:13
A thousand apologies.  Writing late at night to get a quick answer is not g
ood .
It is a vacuum hookup in the Europa Mod 61, and normally open.  Once you go
 past the angle, you get suction and the interior wing is positive pressure
 so the switch closes.  It is pretty clear in the mod61 , I should have rea
d it while awake eh!

Under ram pressure or no movement it is open.  Once the relative wind point
 exceeds the angle of the tube it goes to suction prior to the stall.

Very sensitive to adjustment still.  The cockpit hookup and setting it in t
he copilots lap does work well provided the connections are very tight.  I
just got into the habit of hooking it up in the wing as wires are quick and
 easy to hook up with a multi connector as my customers normally have light
s and such in their wings.  But  vacuum lines or pitot-static lines are jus
t as easy to hook up with the right connectors.  The switch will need a ser
vice loop for the adjustment tinkering in the cockpit is all.  Clean up aft
er install in the fuselage.

Sorry if I added confusion.

Best Regards,
Bud Yerly