Europa-List: Re: Tail Plane Fitting

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Tail Plane Fitting
From: h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 05:06:04

We seem to recall we had to "adjust" the pins to make our tail planes fit
properly
too.  You can probably use a 1/4" drive deep well socket to slide over the
pin and adjust it.

We also found that lubrication is necessary.  We use anti seize compound on the
torque tube itself and the pins.  This is especially necessary once in service
since it is possible for moisture to weep past the pip pin and cause corrosion
at the bearing inside the tailplane.  We wipe a little anti seize on a stick
to reach that bearing prior to installing the tailplanes.

Jim & Heather

Read this topic online here: