Europa-List: Airmaster whirlwind blades

Subject: Europa-List: Airmaster whirlwind blades
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Tue, 9 May 2017 14:07:09

I found the article by Bud Y and Jim B very interesting. I am very
prepared to believe that the extra performance with the Whirlwind blades
is due to the increased twist they have as my change from low twist to
high twist Woodcomp blades added an extra 5kts - probably within
experimental error directly equivalent to your improvement. I would be
very interested to know what the twist on the Whirlwind blades is -
measured in the change of incidence between the tip and 1/3 radius if
one of you could take your Smart tool to a blade. Woodcomp figure is 24
degrees for the high twist.

Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ