Re: Europa-List: Nev Eyre Cowling Mod

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Nev Eyre Cowling Mod
From: david park <dpark748@icloud.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2017 22:24:13

Roland,
Can you send me pics of your baffles
Please
Dave

> On 4 May 2017, at 19:11, david park <dpark748@icloud.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Roland, very helpful, my first look at it, i thought the screw hold the
ignition unit to the sbd intake manifold was impossible to get at??
> Will look again.
> Regards
> Dave
>

>> On 4 May 2017, at 18:18, Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> On 2017-05-04, at 11:38, david park <dpark748@me.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am doing Nevs cowling Mod and asking anyone who has done it
>>> What is the easiest way of removing the Rotax fibre glass cowl over the
>>> engine
and cylinders?
>>> Without too much dismantling?
>>

>> Dave - you can see how I did it on my web page for April 2016 - scroll down
to the entry for the 14th:

>> http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/aviation/europa_435/201604.php
>>
>> There may be a more clever way but that was what worked for me.
>>

>> BTW, if you are using the original Europa factory engine mount (rather the
>> the
one Neville Eyre supplies) you might like to see my template for the aft baffle
as a basis for cutting & folding up your own. Let me know if youd like a
copy. There will be pictures of my finished baffle shortly accessible through
my Europa journal for April 2017 whch will be put up soon.