Re: Europa-List: Time for a new battery methinks

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Time for a new battery methinks
From: Kevin Challis <cakeykev@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 12:36:56

I have just replaced my battery after 8 years. It was still working fine but
thought
it should be replaced rather than fail somewhere remote.

I do leave it connected to a CTREK charger which conditions the battery as well
I think

Kevin Challis

> On 15 Apr 2017, at 11:26, graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk> wrote:
>

> After 6 years/300 hrs my 912S has started sticking on startup; prop just
> stops.
I think this is due to resistance build up in the PC680 Odyssey battery so
I have ordered a replacement. TBH I am surprised it lasted the winter.
> I have a feeling that stress/judder etc from poor turn current could start to
affect other stuff that gets mentioned; exhaust cracks, and engine mount bolts.
> 6 years seems about the limit for a battery doesn't it?
>
> --------
> Graeme Bird
> G-UMPY -  Mono Classic/XS FFW 912S, Woodcomp 3000/3W CS, trutrak Gemini 2 axis
ap, pflarm, ads-b out, 8.33khz, mode S, FP-5, Aera500 &amp; SD on Nexus,