Europa-List: Re: 1.5 degrees right?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: 1.5 degrees right?
From: jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 07:25:37

After 4 months of working in a freezing hangar, I finally flew my aircraft again
a few days ago. The engine is now mounted pointing 1.5 degrees right as per
the XS build instructions, whereas hitherto it was mounted pointing straight
ahead
on the Classic frame.

Using the same power settings in the cruise there is no discernible difference
in performance and instead of the ball sitting half out to the right, it now
sits
very slightly left. During take-off or go-around there is noticeably less
tendency to swing left when full power gets applied.

Nev Eyre's cowls do a superb job of cooling, to the extent that I've had to
blank
off part of the radiator core with Gorilla tape to make both oil and coolant
temperatures run at about 90C in the cruise. Perhaps I'll fit a coolant
thermostat
some day. The oil temperature seems just about right without blanking off
the core, because I took Nev's good advice and used the smaller oil cooler
---From the Classic installation.

Altogether a good result.

Read this topic online here: