Re: Europa-List: Re: Gap between the wing fairings and the fuselage

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Gap between the wing fairings and the fuselage
From: Jerry Rehn <rehn@rockisland.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 11:06:33
Another "off the shell" product I find works well, Ace hardware sells a whit
e vinyl tape that stretches nicely. I remove and replace each "flying season
 ", very little residue, sticks good and removes easily.
Jerry

Sent from my iPad

> On Mar 6, 2017, at 10:32 AM, Alan Twigg <alan.twigg775@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I use wide white electricians tape on my gliders.
> Regards
> Alan Twigg
> Bicester Gliding Centre
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 6 Mar 2017, at 17:12, William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com> wr
ote:

>> Thanks.
>>
>> It sounds to me that silicone might even put pressure on the fuselage sid
es as the weight is taken by the wings.

>> I am going to find some draught excluder and/or some glidertape.
>>
>> Many thanks - Will.
>>
>> William Daniell
>> LONGPORT
>> +57 310 295 0744
>>
>>> On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 10:24 AM, John Wigney <johnwigney@windstream.net>
 wrote:
>>> Hi William,
>>> Try Bolus tape, this works well. See http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/bowl
us.htm Also note that the recommended residue remover is lighter fluid - cle
an and effective.