Re: Europa-List: Arplst PV50 - Last Stand... Sort of...

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Arplst PV50 - Last Stand... Sort of...
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 22:04:26
Jon & KenI always used to start by balancing each blade separately on the b
ench.=C2- I built a simple jig having a knife edge fulcrum positioned at
the centre of the prop assembly, which supported the blade so that the root
 of the blade was the correct distance from the centre/fulcrum and the=C2
- blade was supported somewhere about 75% blade diameter. there is a seco
nd fulcrum at about 60% of the span (not critical) where the load is measur
ed accurately, to within 1/2 a gram. This is the moment of the blade about
the centre of the prop. Each blade must have the same moment. Surprisingly
the actual weight of each blade might not be exactly the same, it's the mom
ent that is critical.
Now measure the moment of each blade and adjust by adding a small amount of
 lead in the hole drilled down the blade from the root. The lead shot is se
cured with epoxy resin and you will find it is about 300mm out from the roo
t.I hope that's clear enough to understand, I learned this method from Jerr
y Davis who used to be the UK agent for Arplast.Graham

    On Sunday, 12 February 2017, 21:21, Ken Atkinson <kennethatkinson178@bt