Re: Europa-List: Replacing nose wheel suspension bungee with springs

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Replacing nose wheel suspension bungee with springs
From: danny shepherd <danny@mcwalterscafe.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 12:06:23

Hi Carl,
             I fitted the springs I think it was 2009. I've had no
problems what so ever. the only thing I do every annual is make sure
there's plenty of grease around the top and bottom where they hook on to
the frame. fitting was a little tricky, had to expand the springs using
a jack and put bolts in the spring to keep expanded while fitting.
managed to do it on my own, so you shouldn't have any problem. hope this
helps.

Danny. G-C.E.R.I

On 10/02/2017 09:18, carlp101 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My Europa is currently fitted with bungee cord on the nose wheel suspension,
but I also have the springs from Europa to replace it. Has anyone fitted the
springs?
Do they do a good job?

> I'm concerned that the springs concentrate the forces at two points on the
> nose
wheel frame rather than spreading it out as the bungee does. I'm wondering
if it's probably better to stick with what I already have fitted.