Re: Europa-List: Painting the Instrument Module

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Painting the Instrument Module
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 20:55:04

Jon, Nextel produces a highly durable matt finish and has often been
used in this context. It is toxic, so either needs professional spraying
or for you to,have the right breahing kit. Whatever finish you choose
the base gel coat must be sanded down to a perfect matt finish before
painting.

Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ

On 2017-02-09 19:39, italianjon wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm looking to paint my new instrument module in the next weeks. It's new, so
it currently got the "Europa Factory Gray" gelcoat.

> I'm looking for advice/suggestions.
>
> My thoughts are to go for a matt finish, to reduce reflection, and I am
> thinking
about a "Boeing Beige" in terms of the colour.

> Can anyone advise, or offer experiences, as to what is the best colour/texture
for minimising reflections, but also is there any "gotchas" when painting on
top of the gelcoat... the last thing I want is for it to peel straight off
[Laughing]

> Best
>
> Jon
>
> Read this topic online here: