Europa-List: Re: MGL XTreme EFIS & EMS. Does anyone have experience?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: MGL XTreme EFIS & EMS. Does anyone have experience?
From: carlp101 <cparkinson@ciscuk.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 03:01:38

I hope you're right Dave, but I got all sorts of excuses from MGL that just
didn't
apply to a composite aircraft like the Europa. I'm also not impressed that
the reason given for the software change they made as a direct result of the
problems I had was said to be down to "compromised installations". To prove it
was nothing to do with the aircraft or my installation I set-up the EFIS and
my Fluke 8.33 radio + antenna at home on 12 volt car battery. As soon as I
turned
on the EFIS you could hear the noise. I was unable to squelch it our on some
channels.

Anyway. I hope they've solved it, but I'd check before you spend the time and
money
fit it to your plane.

Good luck.
Carl