Europa-List: Re: Dynon Pitot/AOA

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Dynon Pitot/AOA
From: carlp101 <cparkinson@ciscuk.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2017 15:24:12

Hi all,

I took delivery of my Dynon heated pitot/AOA probe today. I'm aiming to replace
the existing pitot with this one. As Dynon says the tip of the probe can be
anywhere
---From 2-12 inches from the leading edge, approx 6 inches below the wing
surface and half way along the wing, I think this location will be OK. I'll
measure
it tomorrow.

As I have a classic wing the next challenge will be fitting the probe and the
wiring.
I'll give Andy Draper a call too to get his advice, but hopefully I can
use the existing mounting and modify the mounting tube I also got from Dynon.

I have just finished adding my cabin lighting (red dimable LED), so the heated
pitot should be the final bit of kit I need before I'm ready to apply for the
removal of the VFR restriction. Wish me luck as I may be first-of-type.

All the best.
Carl

Read this topic online here: