Re: Europa-List: Re: Fuel Cover Belt

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Fuel Cover Belt
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 06:39:17
Hi Raimo,
Permission granted!
 Every time I take the children flying, when they were young, they would alw
ays ask "which house is ours". Remedy, when painting the roof which has a fl
at area, paint a big 'TIM' in bold white. Now we have no problems even with o
ther passengers it is easy.
Hot here now in the 30s Celsius so a pool is ideal. We sometimes get snow in
 the winter, now it is less often due to climate warming.
Going flying today up the Kaikoura coast to see the earthquake damage and th
en to Omaka airfield to see Peter Jackson's World War 2 fighter plane museum
. Meet my oldest son Angus who will fly down from Palmerston North where he i
s flying instructing with Massey University Aviation College.

All the best,

Keep warm,

Cheers,
Tim

Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street,
Fendalton,
Christchurch, 8052
New Zealand

ward.t@xtra.co.nz

Mob +64 210640221

> On 15/01/2017, at 11:36 PM, Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi> wrote:
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> I had already forgotten I sent you this belt.
> Must be about 7 years ago?
>
> Very nice to see you have found a way to use it!
> I also noticed the blue color match well to your blue cobra!
>
> I have used these belts to secure all kind of stuff like beer boxes.
> Also, it=C2=B4s handy when securing a dog or a cat=C2=B4s cage.
>
> <Europa_extra_seat_belt_2017 (Mobile).jpg>
>
> I elected to attach the fuel cobra by Velcro (lighter way but absolutely n
ot so sexy ;).

> This winter I will finally prepare a revolutionary safety belt mod.
> Coming back.
>
> Tim, I just happen to look the satellite image from your home.
> You have a very homelike home and a nice pool there.
> I noticed also something very exciting - giant letters TIM on the roof!
>
> I hereby request a permission to copy that idea!
>
> (I have OH-XRT letters on the roof of the EFTP hangar, but never understoo
d they could be also here, home)

> Thanks!
>

> Cheers,
> Raimo
> Europa OH-XRT #417
> Finland
>

> 14.1.2017, 23:51, Tim Ward kirjoitti:
>> Hi Raimo,
>> Just read your  article on shifting your Europa and thought I must show R
aimo the use of his seat belt he sent me.
>> As my fuel cover kept on falling off and trying different ways to keep it
 in place I finally came across the perfect way. The belt goes right around t
he 'cobra' which makes it a reliable fix.