Europa-List: Rotax SI 03-1998

Subject: Europa-List: Rotax SI 03-1998
From: Roger Sheridan <rogersheridan@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 11:56:06
Hi Everyone,

I=99m slightly confused by Rotax SI 03-1998 which is all about
cold weather starting & would be grateful to hear from anyone who has
better understanding.

http://legacy.rotaxowner.com/si_tb_info/serviceinfo/si031998_r1.pdf
<http://legacy.rotaxowner.com/si_tb_info/serviceinfo/si031998_r1.pdf>

Para 2.3 says that the choke design was modified around SN 4406138 for
the 912UL and that the old choke can be modified.

This makes me inclined to think about modifying my choke.

However, Para 3.2 says that the mods are appropriate if you permanently
operate in low temps - i.e. not applicable to most.

To mod or not to mod, that is the question.

Regards to all,

Roger