Europa-List:

Subject: Europa-List:
From: trevannan <roger@trevannan.wanadoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2016 10:58:09

Hi All

I would like to share a little problem solver . I am tidying my classic Europa
redoing the upholstery , new fuel measuring and putting extended luggage bay in.
I wanted to empty the fuel tank, for the fuel mod and decided to take my
capacitance
gauge mod out. To my surprise there was a lot of bits in bottom of the
tank and a layer of fuel. Some of this was bits from sealing the cap gauge
in originally now dislodged but some just bits. I have always been strict on
filtering
my fuel when filling from cans. Now vacuuming the tank out would be a
wee bit on the dangerous side, I put my memory to work. Years ago I did a bit
of diving and remembered the use of airlifts to lift sand etc underwater. So
I got a couple meters of 15mm plastic pipe and drilled a hole about 450mm from
one end call it A and inserted my airline air nozzle facing A into drilled hole
then placed other end B into tank . When I pulled trigger on the air nozzle
it worked sucked up the bit of fuel and debris, it also picked up after all fuel
was sucked out , leaving me with a clean tank. I hope someone will find this
of some use