Europa-List: Dynon Pitot/AOA

Subject: Europa-List: Dynon Pitot/AOA
From: Martin Tuck <MJKTuck@cs.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 16:07:43

Anyone fitted the Dynon Pitot/AOA sensor? The instructions recommend
fitting it up to 12 inches behind the leading edge. As it does not have
a static port I plan to continue using the Europa pitot/static (for a
back up ASI) and as a common static source.

The Europa pitot/static is 12 inches behind the spar so quite a ways
back from Dynons suggestion.

Any problems utilizing the same area next to the Europa pitot/static
tubes for the Dynon pitot/AOA do you think. I want to run the pitot/AOA
lines along the same path.

If anyone has experience of this location I would like to hear. It
probably doesn;t matter for the pitot part - just wasn't sure if the AOA
was critical of position.

Regards,

Martin Tuck

N152MT