Re: Europa-List: Replacement/Re-use of Mil Spec Multi Pin Connectors

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Replacement/Re-use of Mil Spec Multi Pin Connectors
From: nigel_graham@m-tecque.co.uk <nigelgraham@mtecque.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 23:51:29

Hi Jon,

Military grade hardware is prohibitively expensive - but you won't get
better. RS and Farnell used to supply these Amphenol connectors but I
suppose the demise of our defence industry means there is no longer a
market for them?

You can download a datasheet from these people but you'll need to register.

http://www.acalbfi.com/uk/Connectors-and-Cables/Circular/Connector/p/Circular-connector--602GB--MIL-DTL-26482---size-18--sockets--32-contacts--Olive-Drab-Cadmium/0000008D1M

Unless you already have the dedicated Amphenol crimping tool (also
prohibitively expensive) it might pay to get the solder-bucket pins
(these people supply them) - all you need is a good quality temperature
controlled soldering iron, a steady hand and younger eyes than I have.
Hope that helps.

Nigel

On 14/11/2016 21:48, italianjon wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am hoping someone is more familiar than me with NATO Spec connectors.
>
> I am installing Mode S/8.33 and a few other bits on my panel. Through the fire
wall, for the signal / low power lines, I have 6026-18-32SN and 6026-18-32PN
connectors. The coupling works really well and I would like to keep it if
possible.

> I am struggling to find a spec sheet for them, as it appears that the spec has
been discontinued. I have found PT06A-18-32s but the pin layouts look different.
I have found some 6026-18-32 connectors, but they are prohibitively expensive
and all appear as recovered/reconditioned stock, without spec sheets.

> Ideally I would like to re-use the connector and source new pins (both male
> and
female) for it so that I can crimp new pins on to the new low power/signal
lines and keep the connectors.