Re: Europa-List: 912ULS to =?UTF-8?Q?=39=31=34=3F?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 912ULS to =?UTF-8?Q?=39=31=34=3F?
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2016 10:42:55

William, I have never had any trouble operating from a variety of 400m
strips with my XS/914/WoodcompSR2000 or SR3000W combination. There is
also a considerable benefit if you want to fly at altitude as it gets
more efficient the higher you go effectively. As to reliability the
older versions had a tendency for the waste gate to stick if you used
Avgas in particular, but this was not too serious - it effectively left
you with a fixed manifold pressure, and a 30min job in unsticking it. I
have not had any other reliability issues with mine in over 1000hrs.
Having said all that I am not sure that I wouldn't go for a 915IS if
starting again.

Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ

On 2016-09-18 08:52, William Bliss wrote:

> Dear All
> I am struggling to get out of a 450m grass strip 2 persons and full fuel (no
baggage).
> Has anyone got experience of the improvement in take off performance with the
Rotax 914 over the 912ULS?
> I expect this has been debated before but I cannot find a way to search the
> matronics
website for it.
> Thanks
> William Bliss G-WUFF
> Mono Classic XS firewall forwards. 912ULS, Woodcomp SR3000, Smartcontroller

Links:
------
[1] http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
[2] http://forums.matronics.com