Europa-List: Something is stealing my electricity

Subject: Europa-List: Something is stealing my electricity
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2016 01:04:41

Hello All.

I have had this problem for sometime now, probably posted it here about a year
ago.
However something is stealing my electricity, my voltmeter really indicates
above
12 volts and the battery is all the time being very slowly drained over the
course of time.

Just to keep the problem simple,
Flying 12v indicated, turn the Avionics Master Switch OFF, voltmeter shows say
12.5 volts , pull about every CB ( 914 so not the Fuel pump, but your could do
it momentary if you wanted to)
So at about this point nearly all the power to the components is OFF

We have the engine modules and a couple of other things live,, but 99% is now
OFF
and still showing about 12 volts with practical every thing isolated ie OFF.
 Except the Mater Switch,         PS I am not a builder,

Now turn the Master Switch OFF, and Hay Presto voltmeter jumps to 14 volts, now
charging the battery nicely.

Fitted, New Battery, New Regulator/Rectifier, Volt meter on the brown cables to
the Rectifier 14volts so no problem with  Dynamo/Alt output.

Master Switch ON, clunk Master Switch OFF click,
Some relay, or starting circuit, When you put the Master ON clunk, is they some
component staying engaged stealing my power when it should have dropped off line
after engine staring ,
Hence when you switch the Master Switch OFF with the  engine running,  this
click
drops something off line which should have automatically dropped  off line
but with Master Off is the only to stop power getting to it,so making it drop
off line manually.
Hence then you get the 14 volts showing.

Any thoughts on this,
Or a place I can take it to get it fixed,

Regards.
Alan

Read this topic online here: