Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 08/07/16

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 1 Msgs - 08/07/16
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 08:06:25
TonyI believe the load on the flap operating lever is very low, the flap pi
vots are on the lift vector line, (not sure if i'm explaining this right?)
so the load changes very little throughout the range of movement of the fla
p. Flying a well adjusted monowheel one notices that the flap can be placed
 anywhere in it's range and left floating. It won't move. The bungy is ther
e to compensate for the weight of the undercarriage.
Graham

    On Tuesday, 9 August 2016, 3:09, Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com
> wrote:

Appendix to Last:
I've been asked why not just ask Europa what loads they calculated, but I b
elieve that is unfair since I am attempting to use another product. I don't
 want to steal anyone's time, just wondered if someone knew what product an
d model they were using, so I can go away and look up the specs. I also kno
w pilots with other skillets especially those that involve their intellect,
 and a calculator, often like to home both with a challenging question, hen
ce the issue of loads on the flaps at max extension speed.
Cheers.
Like I said though, I don't want to put anyone out too much, or steal their
 time.

> On 8 Aug 2016, at 00:03, Europa-List Digest Server <europa-list@matronics
.com> wrote:

> *
>
> ========================

>=C2- Online Versions of Today's List Digest Archive
> ========================

> Today's complete Europa-List Digest can also be found in either of the
> two Web Links listed below.=C2- The .html file includes the Digest form
atted
> in HTML for viewing with a web browser and features Hyperlinked Indexes

> and Message Navigation.=C2- The .txt file includes the plain ASCII vers
ion
> of the Europa-List Digest and can be viewed with a generic text editor
> such as Notepad or with a web browser.
>
> HTML Version:
>
>=C2- =C2- http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestview.php?Style=82701
&View=html&Chapter 16-08-07&Archive=Europa

> Text Version:
>
>=C2- =C2- http://www.matronics.com/digest/digestview.php?Style=82701
&View=txt&Chapter 16-08-07&Archive=Europa

=======================
=======================

>=C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- ---------------------------------------
-------------------
>=C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2
- =C2- =C2- Europa-List Digest Archive
>=C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2
- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- ---
>=C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- Tota
l Messages Posted Sun 08/07/16: 1
>=C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- ---------------------------------------
-------------------

> Today's Message Index:
> ----------------------
>
>=C2- =C2- 1. 04:23 PM - Electric Flaps Actuator name/model and Aerodyn
amic loads.=C2- (Tony Renshaw)

> ________________________________=C2- Message 1=C2- __________________
___________________

> From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
> Subject: Europa-List: Electric Flaps Actuator name/model and Aerodynamic
loads.

> I am wondering if anyone knows the manufacturer and model number please o
> the Europa supplied Linear Actuator? I have one but need to verify it can
> cope with the load of deploying the flaps up to maximum flap extension
> speed, and to that end, if I supply the area, does anyone have the smarts
> to be able to work out what the aerodynamic loads might be in lbs so I ca
> assess whether what I have is suitable? Any help or guidance much
> appreciated.
> Regards
> Tony Renshaw
>

> --
> Sent from Gmail Mobile

S -
WIKI -
 -
=C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- -Matt Dralle, List Admin.