Europa-List: Dynon Pitot AOA placement

Subject: Europa-List: Dynon Pitot AOA placement
From: William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 10:46:27
I did not research this on the forum before closing my wings  - I thought
that I would simply place the Dynon Pitot in the same place as the Europa
original.

I have received the dynon and it has a larger surface area that the europa
item and therefore will exert more stress on the mounting point.   it also
has a larger "footprint"

So the options I see are:

   1. Putting the dynon in the same place as the Europa pitot but with some
   reinforcement ont he outside.  I am assuming that if the europa pitot
   works in that position then the dynon should work too.
   2. Making a new hole which I am loath to do.
   3. I saw various options on the forum history including mounting the
   dynon on the  wing inspection cover.   Has anyone done this?

thanks

Will

William Daniell
LONGPORT