Europa-List: Re: Rain passing through fuel cap

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Rain passing through fuel cap
From: Rick Moss <Rkwmoss@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 02:34:23

Hi Jim,

I'm now at Barton and have been for around a year; Darley Moor was fine
operationally,
but challenging politically! Too many people moving my aircraft without
due care and some very territorial hangar occupants. I also moved house making
Barton much closer and worth the extra 50pcm.

Calton Moor was the opposite; brilliantly run by a friendly owner with good
hangar
mates and good hangars. Sadly I wasn't comfortable taking off on 06 due to
the house situated at the 24 end. Now I have more experience on type, it'd
probably
be fine, but I'd still be nervous on a hot day, even solo. The runway undulates
significantly, which I found extended the takeoff roll, so I was only
ever happy flying light even from 24 with its clear departure. I didn't want
to be the second Europa to impact the wall at the end!

Read this topic online here: