Europa-List: Re: LiFeO4 batteries?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: LiFeO4 batteries?
From: Rick Moss <Rkwmoss@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2016 03:23:17

I had a Varley Red Top LI-5 fitted for nearly a year. It was ok, but not great.
It needed a fair bit of "warming" before it would turn the engine over fast
enough
to start, especially on cold days. With a 5ah capacity I was very wary of
charging phone/iPad without the engine running. After 10 months, my regulator
packed up, although I have no reason to believe this was related to the battery
fitted.

I took out the Varley and fitted a new PC680.

Read this topic online here: