Europa-List: Re: Non lifting weight

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Non lifting weight
From: rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 10:40:29

Thanks for the update Wlad!

Sorry to say, I never measured a W&B on my europa without wings.

Are you sure you need that particular weight spec?  The engineering of the
structure
is completely fixed by the kit manufacturer and payload =
Max Gross - empty weight (of complete structure with wings)

I can see want the fuse weight for the structural engineering of the spars, etc,
but I don't see the need in calculating payload?

Depending where you are,the max gross is set by the manufacturer of the Kit, or
by the builder. In my case, I simply set my max gross to 1450#  Please don't
ask for my engineering data. FAA regs allow the builder to set it by executive
fiat, which after consultation with the FlightCrafter guys and Bud, I did just
that.

--------
Ira N224XS

Read this topic online here: