RE: Europa-List: mylar decorative trim

Subject: RE: Europa-List: mylar decorative trim
From: Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 11:05:10

Hello Fred,

If the mylar is conductive, then it likely will change the transmission
qualities of your antenna. How much depends on the amount of coverage.

It's possible that there's a non-conductive route to take. I wonder if
there's any highly reflective silver vinyl that doesn't contain metal, but
will look about the same?
Vinyl is great (maybe you are using it already), and it can be easily put on
and easily removed, just like your aircraft lettering.

In fact, some people paint their plane just one color, and do all the
accents with vinyl alone.

Congrats on finishing the painting. That's one big job checked off the
list..

Hope this helps,

Greg Fuchs, A050
Newberg, OR