Europa-List: Re: Reposition oil cooler on Classic Trigear

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Reposition oil cooler on Classic Trigear
From: jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 06:32:16

Quoting Dave Watts above "I mounted the cooler to the engine, centrally below
the
spinner arc".

Dave, I'm curious to know for how many flying hours your oil cooler has been
mounted
to the engine and also whether you found it necessary to mount it to some
kind of 'rubber' suspension blocks to minimise the risk of engine vibrations
causing the oil cooler core to crack.

If I ever have to move south into warmer weather, possibly following a Scottish
referendum vote in favour of full independence, then my aluminium sticky tape
solution described above might not give enough oil cooling.

Perhaps I'd use your solution which makes removing the bottom cowling so much
easier.

Read this topic online here: