Europa-List: Re: REASON FOR IPAD AND IPHONE FAILURE IN FLIGHT

Subject: Europa-List: Re: REASON FOR IPAD AND IPHONE FAILURE IN FLIGHT
From: rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 04:26:36

Of historical note and not at all portable, the original iMacs with the screen
on a steel stalk had a heat pipe up the stalk from the CPU in the base thus
avoiding
a fan.  Heat pipes are great at moving heat from one area of
equipment to another, or to a radiative surface.

I am not sure this technology would be applicable to the situation inside a
cockpit
where the heat generated inside the black box pales in comparison
the absorbed heat from the environment (i.e., the infrared absorption and
the heat conducted in from the hot surface in lies on)

I my Europa, I had to resort to blast air for cooling both intra- and extra
panel electronics.

--------
Ira N224XS

Read this topic online here: