Europa-List: Re: Grease escaping from Airmaster prop

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Grease escaping from Airmaster prop
From: Guerner Remi <air.guerner@orange.fr>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 20:43:07

My Airmaster AP332 started to leak grease after a few hundred hours. After
investigation,
I found that the grease was leaking between the blade ferrule and the
blade assembly retention nut. The culprit is the o-ring which seals the gap
between the ferrule and the retention nut. This o-ring is submitted to friction
every time the blade rotates during pitch changes and wears out with time.
To replace this o-ring you need to remove the blade from the ferrule and I do
not think you can put them back together without the appropriate tooling, so I
decided to live with the inconvenience. My prop has more than 900 hours now and
the leak rate is still acceptable to me.
Remi Guerner
F-PGKL