Re: Europa-List: Do engine bay wires need to be protected from heat?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Do engine bay wires need to be protected from heat?
From: Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 13:45:54
I have all my cables grouped and held by spiral wrap and routed away from th
e exhaust. Apart from that I have no other protection in place.

The only wiring problem I had in the engine bay was a worn through inner wir
e of an EGT probe which shorted to the outer braid.

Alan

G-OBJT

Sent from my iPad

> On 10 May 2016, at 13:10, William Daniell <wdaniell.longport@gmail.com> wr
ote:

> Do engine bay wires need to be protected from heat?
>
> I am installing a dynon and the EGT wires come protected with steel braid.

> Do the CHT,  Oil temp and Oil press etc need to be protected in some way?
 If so how?