Re: Europa-List: Has anybody got a picture of the pitot/static probe?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Has anybody got a picture of the pitot/static probe?
From: Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 15:35:05

HI Rick

Did mine while washing the underside of the wing.  Plugged the end and
drilled a small hole straight through the tube, ie one hole each side.
Been working fine for 10 years with no difference in ias.

Regards

Pete

PS this solution has the advantage you can't knock the end off again.

On 25/04/16 13:46, Rick Moss wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've unfortunately clipped an errant traffic cone with my pitot/static probe
whilst taxiing; discovered after takeoff with no functioning altimeter/asi/vsi.
The static probe appears to have a broken stub of plastic tube in the end, but
I don't know what has broken off. Does anyone have a picture of the standard
XS probe? I expect full functionality will resume if I block the end and drill
the side of the static tube to create a vent, albeit with recalibration of
ias/tas.