Re: Europa-List: Cockpit trim/ upholstery

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cockpit trim/ upholstery
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 13:34:28

Jim & Alan, I am inclined to add a couple of words of caution for those
about to embark on full scale leather and impact foam upholstery:

1. It can weigh a considerable amount

2. It is inflexible in terms of size of pilot/pax who will fit

An alternative is to have relatively light weight cushions (mine were
recycled from an old Citroen in a scrap yard, chosen for their pleasing
appearance and light weight) with variable amounts of foam or other
cushions to adjust to pax size. It has worked well and been pleasing to
the eye for 14 yrs, and contributes no doubt to mine being one of the
lightest 914s in the fleet.

Regards, David

On 2016-04-22 10:16, James Kelly wrote:

> Hi Alan, have you had much response to your plea for assistance with the
> interior
trim. My Europa G-BWEG needs to be redone.
> Cheers
> Jim Kelly
>
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 6:06 AM, Alan Twigg <alan.twigg775@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I am about to upholster the cockpit of my aircraft, with the help of a
>> vintage
car restorer and upholsterer.
>> Has anyone cardboard or paper templates I can borrow.
>> I already have my seats thanks to John Bean.
>> Alan Twigg
>> Motorglider kit 463
>> Wings on final sand ready for paint, aircraft ready for upholstery, engine
>> fitted
with Nev's cowl and engine mount.