Re: Europa-List: What navigation software to use for Europe and =?UTF-8?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: What navigation software to use for Europe and =?UTF-8?Q?France=3F?
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 23:21:27

John, I guess that few if any of us has detailed knowledge of all the
systems. I use the Sky Demon system and find it superb for planning and
related things like Notams, Flight plans, etc. I do not use it as a
flight instrument, having a Garmin 496 installed in the panel and slaved
to an autopilot, but have flown with a number of folk who have used it
as their principle in flight nav system with happy results. Sky Demon is
so good and its upgrades so seamless that I find it difficult toimagine
that the other systems can be better, and certainly have no inclination
to consider changing.

Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ

On 2016-04-16 23:03, John Archer wrote:

> I have become dissatisfied with Airnavpro because of recent "upgrades" which
in my opinion have rendered it less user friendly than before. The menu has
become
more cluttered, the symbols less clear, closer together and although I haven't
flown with it yet I can only imagine that a bit of turbulence would render
it unusable. What a shame that a once clear usable software has become a victim
of perceived obligation to update it.
> My question to the list is, bearing in mind that I live in France, what is the
best iPad compatible program to use for navigation and planning at a reasonable
price?
> I see that up there with the best is, fore flight, wing x pro and sky demon.
> Which is the best value for money?
> John
>
> Sent from my iPad

Links: