Re: Europa-List: Re: Spin characteristics

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Spin characteristics
From: Kevin Challis <cakeykev@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 16:35:16

Rowland

Thank you for that information. I agree it would be nice to be able to do basic
aerobatics.

Kevin

> On 12 Apr 2016, at 15:58, Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 2016-04-12, at 12:16, Kevin Challis <cakeykev@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Why can't the Europa fly aerobatics in the uk?
>>
>> Was it just the CAA saying no?
>>
>> Sorry for the stupid question but I was just wondering what was different
>> about
the UK's air is it less thick than the air in the rest of the world?

> Kevin - at the Europa Club seminar held at Leicester on 2 & 3 May 1998,
> Francis
Donaldson was one of the speakers. The focus of his presentation was the mod
to allow 1370lb gross weight. However, as an aside he said that to pass the
time on the train to the event, he had done some back-of-a-fag-packet
calculations
and there is potential for aerobatic clearance at reduced max gross weight
(eg 1050 lb).

> Ive always thought it would be nice if someone could pursue that and get a
> precedent
for Europas to do simple aerobatics (eg roll & loop) in UK jurisdiction.