Re: Europa-List: strange part query

Subject: Re: Europa-List: strange part query
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 13:47:24

Rowland, Rings no bells. Suspect they are interlopers. David Joyce,
GXSDJ

On 2016-04-07 13:40, Rowland Carson wrote:

> I've found a couple of parts in one of the firewall-forward boxes that I can't
identify.

> They are matt black round rods 25mm diameter and 150mm long, obviously sawn
> from
longer lengths. They might be some sort of hard plastic material. There are
tiny chips at the edges of the sawcut ends that look almost glassy, so clearly
it's somewhat brittle material. Each one has a label affixed with the number
211363 (and a matching barcode). Nothing in my inventory matches the number
or the description.

> Does anyone know what they are?
>
> [It's possible that I picked them up at a model engineering show and thought
they might be useful for something (that's how I got the nylon handle for the
throttle lever, for instance) but I have no recollection of acquiring these
particular
bits, or why they might have been tossed into the FWF section!]

> in friendship
>
> Rowland
>
> | Rowland Carson ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
> | <rowlandcarson@gmail.com> http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk [1]
> | Skype, Twitter: rowland_carson Facebook: Rowland Carson
> | pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/rowlandcarson [2]

Links:
------
[1] http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk