Re: Europa-List: Monowheel brake caliper

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Monowheel brake caliper
From: Nigel Graham <nigelgraham@mtecque.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 00:08:16

The Europa caliper is a clone of the Cleveland and as such is used
successfully on thousands of planes without problems. What you DO need
to look out for is re-lined pads. If the rivets stand proud of the back
of the pads, they will contact the piston and cant the pads causing
uneven ware.
If you want a really classy wheel and brake combination, take a look at
the Beringer products:

http://www.beringer-aero.com/file/brg_catalogues/9/cata_fichier/1_europe-in-english.pdf

Page 9 for Europa Monowheel conversion.

It's lovely stuff, beautifully made and much lighter than the OEM.

Nigel