Re: Europa-List: UK Met Info

Subject: Re: Europa-List: UK Met Info
From: Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 21:29:12

I use two iPhone apps

AeroWeather which gets me the METAR and TAFs and is easy to use.

Met Office app giving me general forecast and a map showing rainfall, winds and
temperatures at ground level.

I don't generally go for the 214/215 unless I'm planning a particularly long
flight
and expect upper winds to be a problem on range. I use the new Met Office
site to get these but admit it's not as friendly as the previous version.

Are you going to be at the Europa Club meeting in March perhaps we can have a
discuss/show
and tell if you like.

Alan
G-OBJT

Sent from my iPad

> On 7 Feb 2016, at 20:38, William Bliss <william@wbliss.co.uk> wrote:
>

> Hi everyone
> I am having some difficulty using Meterological Office weather information for
VFR flights around the UK. They recently changed the website. Can I ask other
UK fliers for any advise? Ultimately I would want to access it via an iphone.
Are there other providers who are easier to use?