Re: Europa-List: Re: Fuselage luggage bay "D" panel

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Fuselage luggage bay "D" panel
From: Richard Scanlan <aspenbuild@me.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2016 09:29:39
Hi Bill,
Sorry, but not on your side of the Pond, I live in Portugal. A good bet
is to join the Europa club, only a few bucks a year and as well as
helping you get in touch with other Europa builder/flyers, will keep you
updated as to whats happening. Bud Yearly is the leading authority State
side. If you look on the Europa club website this will give you details
on cockpit width increase(and how to contact Bud) as well as all the
other mods, which will also help to see that your a/c is current with
all the relevant required mods.
Mine is a high top with the cockpit width increase, with the longest
logged flying hours in a day being 7 hours which is pushing it a bit
comfort wise!
Trust your Europa is one of the =98proper=99 variants, i.e.,
a mono!!

Richard S
> On 31 Dec 2015, at 16:55, elsbeth moreland <elsbland160@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey Richard,
>
>  Bill Moreland here and I have recently purchased a  Europa XS and
have been reading this matronics .com site ttying to find other owners
close enough to me that we could possibly meet up occasionally at an
airport or wherever to chat about these planes. Was wondering where you
are located? I am in Bedford,Pa.  I also see that you are 6,5" and
Wondering how you sqeezinto an Europa? You must have a mod that widens
the cockpit a little Huh? And where would I find out about this? I am
only 5,9" and find it quite snug. Would love it to hve more elbow room.

>   Well if you can make sense out of this email I would welcome a call
---From you. Maybe just to give me an idea of how to find other local
Europa owners and your experience with the Europa community.

<mailto:aspenbuild@me.com>> wrote:
<mailto:aspenbuild@me.com>>

> Hi Gary,
> I'm 6'5 and with the high top mod find my mono perfect even on long
trips. Maybe the tallest Europa owner!

<mailto:gleinberger@millersville.edu>> wrote:

<gleinberger@millersville.edu <mailto:gleinberger@millersville.edu>>

> > First, I am glad to see there are other properly sized people flying
the Europa. At 255 lbs.  and 6 foot, I believe the Europa was designed
by a team of elfs, dwarfs and hobbits.

> > Getting in the back is a real pain - and don't forget the tail
support - the feeling of the tail going to the floor as you are sliding
through the infamous D hole is exciting.

target="_blank">www.buildersbooks.com
target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List