Europa-List: Re: Wrapping composite aircraft

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Wrapping composite aircraft
From: pestar <peter@reivernet.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 14:16:52

On my DynAero MCR-4S, all the graphics are vinyl not painted.  Where the there
was a major colour ie white, light blue (underneath wings) - this was painted.

While computer cut graphics give great flexibility in your design I caution you,
it is not how it looks after completion but how it looks in 4 years time.
Looking
after vinyl graphics on a plane is a lot more difficult than looking after
paint, vinyl can get tatty, do not like being exposed to 120 knot winds and
do not have the same lustre finish as paint.

Knowing what I know now I would probably have done my design in paint rather
than
vinyl.

Trust this helps

Cheers Peter