Europa-List: Arblast PV 50 Prop. CS Motor,

Subject: Europa-List: Arblast PV 50 Prop. CS Motor,
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 09:46:24

Hi All.
My PV50 CS motor failed in the climb out, just maintained 80 kts, high nose
attitude
but made it home.
After landing found power reaching the motor, 11.9 volts, so its the motor
that's
failed.

Q1. Where do I get a new PV 50 CS electric motor from.

Q2. Which bit is the motor, or how do you take the motor out,
Long shaft with motor on the end of it, this piece of shaft with motor  on it is
secured with three small bolts to the prop, is this the complete unit to be
replaced,

OR is it the little black motor on the end of the shaft only needs replacing.
ie unsolder the two wire, and with a pair of grips turn and unscrew the motor
off the end of the Shaft.

Alan

Read this topic online here: