Re: Europa-List: Re: Electrics on a Europa.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Electrics on a Europa.
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2015 19:16:37
Alan=2C
A good schematic is worth its weight in gold for troubleshooting.

Good advice from all on the charging.  It should be about 13.7 volts at 500
0 RPM below 15-18 amps draw.

I start by pulling all the circuit breakers on the ground.  Measure the bat
 voltage with a volt meter then turn on the master.  Check which components
 come on with the master ( those items not on CBs).

The master contactor can draw one amp.  Look up your solenoid specs.

You need to use a VTVM or amp/ volt/ohm meter to check amp draw as you flip
 on components.

Next=2C ensure your C or control voltage reads battery voltage.  Look to se
e your alternator to panel or battery contact is secure.

Then start pushing in CBs to assess.  Make a list of the components on each
 of your CBs and their draw if you can.  As an example=2C a turn and slip g
oing bad can be troublesome as the flag doesn't show but it is burning up a
mps instead of running at less than an amp.

In my opinion=2C the only way to check the health of your electrical system
 in flight is with a volt and amp meter.   You may want to invest in one.
Westach makes a nice combo instrument.

Keep plugging away you'll find the cause.

Bud Yerly=2C
Custom Flight Creations=2C Inc.