Re: Europa-List: Any user feed back of f.u.n.k.e avionics?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Any user feed back of f.u.n.k.e avionics?
From: Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 08:40:09

Thanks for the feed back funke sounds interesting but so does the Dittel
which I had not heard of before.  The Dittel is also a much more
sensible price at sub 800 in the UK.  Trig was what I expected.

Regards

Pete

On 15/08/15 14:47, Bryan Nortje wrote:

> Hi Pete
>
> I have fitted both the OLED transceiver and the mode S units in my previous
> build
G-TORO and now fitting them into my recently bought Europa G-CFKZ. IMHO they
are fantastic units and if installed properly with good antennae will prove
to be great additions to your plane. The built in intercom is brilliant and
coupled with good headsets beats anything else hands down.

> The frequency dual watch facility on the Radio is brilliant. The transponder
is also ADS-B ready so supplying a GPS feed and you then visible to any aircraft
with TCAS and a further help to ATC units whom don't have secondary radar.

> If you are a dab hand at electrics i would suggest doing the connector
> yourself
and avoid the pre-made Loom available. I say this purely due to the loom
available,
(well the one supplied by LX Avionics) is rather heavy and you can buy
a plastic connector housing for the Radio from Maplins which is lighter than
the one supplied with the radio.

> Call Mike Pettican from LX Avionics and he will sort a good deal for you.
> Usually
they have units in stock and if you local to the South Northants area you
can collect.

> If you need any further info, don't hesitate to ask.
>
> Regards
> Bryan
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On 15 Aug 2015, at 07:18, Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info> wrote:
>>

>> Hi All
>>
>> Just thinking of an upgrade to my Microair radio and old Mode C King.
>>
>> Anyone using funke? They appear to be better value than the Trig or Becker
>> but
I do not know anyone who uses one.